View Single Post
11/29/22, 08:53 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not really. In 2015 when I added import and export features to HarvestMap and made my HarvestMerge mod I did that so users could shuffle information they wanted to retain to HarvestMerge and then import only what they wanted back to HarvestMap. It also allowed users to share information because there wasn't an easy way to do that back then. At the time that was also done to reduce load times.

These days on your powerful PC you have 7 seconds to 30 seconds to load your game yet for me, and I would have to Fraps it and then cut and edit the video to add my comments but for me it takes several minutes. I would even guess 3 to 5 minutes each time I reload my UI. As you can imagine if I mess up coding something I have to wait for the UI to reload and then, instantly reload again because I can make the changes while the game is still loading.

I'll comment a bit later because I'm at work but there are some settings for MM that may help but it may not make a significant impact, maybe 25 seconds to load.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/29/22 at 09:00 AM.