View Single Post
11/29/22, 11:37 AM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the engine itself the language used for the modifications isn't multi-threaded. The game is I believe.

MM will increase loading, HarvestMap because of the stored node information. I actually only store the places that I visit rather than import hundreds if not thousands of locations because the more locations the longer it takes initially for the game to load.

Inventory Insight manages all of your alternate characters and what kind of inventory they have. Anything that tracks a character's knowledge for recipes or motifs. Basically data collection is what does it.

If you enable minimal indexing for master Merchant and then it might take a little less time to initialize but your game is still going to take 30 seconds to load before the initialization of MM. However searching for items will either be slower or in some cases it won't work at all. So that isn't always the best option and I didn't design it that was Philgo. I need to overhaul that though at some point.

Over the weekend I finally figured out exactly how some of the processing works during initialization. The changes I made barely decreases the load time. However, I finally think I might be able to write something and use LibAsync. If I use that library then it may take a little longer to initialize but you won't have this big lag and a bunch of jerkiness during the initialization.

It's always a work in progress.