View Single Post
10/16/21, 09:12 PM   #1
HSBS_User

A few asks for the addon community

I have three specific changes I'd like to find a way to implement:

1.) No keybind text/move keybind text.
Just what it says, looking for a way to hide the bindings and scoot the ability bars down flush with the bottom of the screen. I know fancy action bar has this functionality but from what I gather it *always* displays both bars, I like the option of hiding the second bar.
2.) Translucent map upon char movement.
In Cyrodiil for example, I often check the map while riding, after countless deaths by falling/ incurring the wrath of goblins/ bouldering incidents- I'd kill for a way to make the map 50-80% opacity *while* moving. Still totally new to lua and eso's triggers etc... so I'm unsure if there is even such a function like: ischaractermoving or similar
3.) Color self differently in guild roster.
Having removed myself from guild(s) by attempting to teleport to another player in the same zone- said player being *me* and the resultant dropdown menu providing the option "leave guild" I need a way to change the color of my own name in the guild roster. This would resolve any unintended guild departures.

Lastly I have a more general question about better font clarity in eso. From what I've been told there are pretty slim options when it comes to modifying ingame font aesthetics. That being said, has anyone met with success getting crisp outlines on their fonts? Problematically, when looting any number of items with a bright white(ish) icon such as cotton the relevant item count text is nearly lost against the white backdrop of the icon for example. In other addons I've opted for an outline or thick shadow. However, in eso the native outline seems to add quite a bit of spread to the length of text. So- the goal would be to have a fixed width outline, even a monochrome like effect. To what degree is this possible in eso? Are there any resources that explain how fonts work in eso?