View Single Post
08/18/14, 11:25 AM   #7
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
I don't see anything on my map that wasn't there before. I looked in the option and it says it will place an X over map icons that I haven't visited. Well I see no Xs anywhere. OK look I'm a level V2 and I came back to a level 30-35 area to complete quests that I had not done before for the achievement. I'm missing 2 quests in the zone from the first time around so I have been all over the map and somehow missed 2.

That is why I wanted an addon that shows all the quests I not done yet. Still no one answered my question I have been asking from the start.

Can someone make an addon or modify a quest tracker that shows the quests you have not completed. Is it possible?

I appreciate the help, but it seems to me one that does specifically what I asked for would be much more efficient for the task at hand. Since quest trackers use a list of quests it seems to me a simple modifcation could be made to make them show the ones you have not done yet on the map.
Quest trackers take the information for a quest you have already accepted out of your journal and display it in a more "meaningful" way - usually in an interactible list overlaid on the game world. They do not deal with information about quests you have not found/accepted because there is no way for them to know from the information provided by the game what/where they are.

It is possible to create an addon to display map pins for all of the quests in the game, however it would require the author (and possibly a group of helpers) to meticulously play through the entire game and log the relevant coordinates of where all quest givers are standing in the world. Then other problems pop up. What do you do about quest givers that follow you? What do you do about quests that are skippable/missable? What do you do about quests that can be started from multiple different areas? What do you do about repeatable quests?

Now, is it worth the effort to create such an addon given tools already availible? In my opinion, this answer is no as correct use of an addon like Destinations, correct reading of the zone maps (black pin - not complete, white pin - complete), and the tiniest bit of exploration is more than enough to complete the achievements with room to spare.

It would also help a bit if you actually named the zone you are having trouble in; then maybe someone could give you a pointer on an often overlooked area. As someone who has played through and completed the questing achievements for each zone - even before some of the achievements had their requirements lowered - I can tell you that there are more quests than the number required to complete the zone's achievement.

Now, for a tip: most areas within a zone have a main objective that can be one or a small series of quests and a side objective that is usually only one quest. The area's map pin will be marked complete when the main objective is completed regardless of progress on the side objective. There are also quite a few delves that have a quest given inside of them, all public dungeons have at least one quest. and all group dungeons have two quests (sub 50 and VR levels).