View Single Post
02/04/19, 03:58 PM   #19
Drakanwulf

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You are kidding me, right?
LibAddonMenu uses LiBStub from the LiBAddonMenu-2.0.txt file and everything works fine this way since months. If this bothers you and "forbids the test for you" I'm seriusoly sorry. But ONLY that I've invested time to change CombatReticle to read such a nonsense here... Sorry to say but please stop this!

You know how to fix this on your own and I won't comment this anymore now. Test and enjoy or leave me alone.
I think you may be loading Add-ons with the Out-of-Date checkbox turned on. Try turning it off and see what happens.

And no, I wasn't kidding. Open the latest LAM folder in ESOUI and check the manifest.txt file. Then check the rest of the LAM folder's contents. I believe you will find that the embedded, naked, LibStub.lua file is an out-of-date, r4 version, rather than the current, standalone, r5, version that exists in ESOUI.

My point is, if I fix LAM for myself, my fixes do not get back to ESOUI because I am not the author and because I am not the author, my changes could work for me but not for everyone else who plays the game.

I do not wish to get into an argument with you, Baertram, because I respect you, your add-ons, and your inputs into this forum. To that end, I have copied my more critical remarks from this thread and re-posted them under the LAM 2.0 add-on Comments thread for its author to review and act upon.