View Single Post
01/28/24, 03:59 PM   #1
robert.labrie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Autoresearch styles

I've gotten a bit more confident now in my ESO LUA and was planning to fix AutoResearch (since SilverEyes has left) because the automatic style learning feature doesn't work. To my knowledge the way to learn a style is to UseItem on the relevant style page so I thought maybe it's an old addon and it didn't have CallProtected or whatever but there is no reference to UseItem anywhere in the code.

I found this weird line

Code:
    if equipType ~= EQUIP_TYPE_NECK and equipType ~= EQUIP_TYPE_RING and self.settings.stylesEnabled == AUTORESEARCH_ENABLE_SELECTED then
Which makes it look like the addon is filtering for specific item styles. So I have 3 questions/comments I guess:
1 - were styles ever learned by researching items which had that style? I joined in 2021 so I don't know
2 - is that block of code really to filter items to decon? Like to prevent you from using Yokudan Lightning Staff to learn that trait?
3 - or maybe SilverEyes never finished it

Anyway I might take over this addon, add/fix the feature I want unless there is something else out there already which does it. If I do, I'll put in a request to take over the addon. Anyone with ideas please LMK

Cheers,
Robert