View Single Post
06/04/22, 09:27 PM   #33
SainguinLibras
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
Feel like doesnt matter what I set people will find ways to flame and I am not super convinced this will work so probably going to defer it.

First party ad experiment is ready. No tracker no privacy invasion no security adjustment required.
I think you're being a bit pessimistic.

One of the first messages I sent to my guild's discord today was:

"Big news with TTC! No more forced ads!"

and the reception was pretty positive and that sentiment has stuck all day. Everyone's happy to see the change. People are still a bit put off by how poorly the first attempt was done, but that's not a big deal if you don't do something like forced ads, etc again.

Try a Patreon. It can't hurt, and you have multiple people in this thread telling you they'd support the idea, and possibly you through Patreon. I probably would. I can't imagine how many people would be willing to give to help if you put a big banner on your addon page saying "hey I need help keeping our beloved addon alive, please support me on Patreon so I can continue working, etc etc".

I think part of the reason nobody knows you need help, is you're not saying it. There's no indication on your addon page, from what I just re-read, that you're having any kind of financial struggle maintaining the project.

I understand it's on your main site, but most people are gonna see the addon page first. That's your best shot at reaching people.

I really think it could work if ya just give it a chance.

Nobody is going to flame you for doing something we've been suggesting from the start.

EDIT: Even shut off my adblocker to show support. Now that I'm not worried about some crappy ad being a malware or something stealing my information, I'm gonna support the site. That's all it takes dude.

Last edited by SainguinLibras : 06/04/22 at 09:32 PM.