View Single Post
04/15/20, 04:11 AM   #7
arekan127
Originally Posted by VERNSTOKED View Post
So I actually used Lutris and installed Minion in the same prefix as ESO (after installing ESO via Lutris). The process was slick!

Install Minion Addon Manager within Lutris ESO
======================================================
1. Download the Minion executable for Windows
2. Add game inn Lutris:
1. Click the '+' to add a game
Game info tab:
Name: Lutris
Runner: Wine (runs windows games)
Game options
executable: (leave blank for now)
Wine prefix: (Select browse and navigate to your folder than contains c_drive for ESO)
** If you use Lutris to install ESO it is ~/Games/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited
2. Select Save
3. In the main Lutris screen, select the new Minion game and select 'Run EXE inside wine prefix'
4. Navigate to the downloaded Minion installer EXE and run it. Go through all the installation.

Now that the game is installed we need to set the executable to run from the newly installed exe inside the prefix that has ESO
The default Minion directory for reference are as follows:

From the prefix (I left out escaping spaces for readability):
drive_c/users/(your user)/Local Settings/Application Data/Minion/Minion.exe

So for me, the absolute path from my user in Linux:
~/Games/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/drive_c/users/tannercrook/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Minion/Minion.exe

5. Click Minion in Lutris and select the settings button
6. In the Game info tab, click the smaller image box and navigate to the same directory as the Minion.exe as above but choose the Minion icon.
7. Go to the Game options tab
8. Browse to the executable to the Minion.exe as specified above
9. Hit save
10. Launch and enjoy!!!!

Your Addon folder is located at My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns
Works like a charm, but have problem with fonts, they are without smoothing and hard to read, tried to install different fonts in winetricks, but without any luck. Any idea?