View Single Post
12/03/18, 12:35 PM   #15
@DeadSoon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It's not that easy r4cken.
Check this explanation of addon multi-language support (which "Beam Me Up" uses as well):
I used this method until yesterday. I realized, that by using this way, the Addon have no strings at all, when there is no translation file for the game client language. Because of this, currently RU and JP clients cant use my Addon.

In my latest implementation (not released yet) i load all localization files and I can decide on my own which translation I want to use. By this I can ensure, that if the localization for the game language is missing (RU, JP, ...), then I use the English localization in order to provide a working Addon (the feature "Survey & Treasure maps" may will not work properly).

To implement a option to provide manually changing of the Addon's language will not take much effort, but Im not sure, if such a feature is useful and common.

@Baertram: Do you know a complete list of language patches (beside EN, DE, FR), which are working properly (GetCVar("language.2") will returns the specific language)

Last edited by @DeadSoon : 12/03/18 at 12:38 PM.