View Single Post
04/21/17, 01:55 AM   #14
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK i understand the reasonning but i still dont catch how it will affect me.

Before i used the LUA addon to put my limit lua to 2048, I often happened to have an automatic reloadui for that, and sometimes during very bad moment : quest boss, escaping a bad combat, delves, and the result was each time bad for my character.

Actually with the addon, i never have to bother with it.

So if ZoS remove the limit, i will have to deal again with the message and limit and then to found out which addon is doing the problem ? i guess for that i will need to load another addon ? or can i simply go into my inisettings and add a line like SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "2048" ?

Thank you

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
You are wrong.

During normal operation you won't ever get to the physical memory limit and crash because of it. That only happens when an addon does something it shouldn't do.

Imagine you have a car and it flashes a warning when you reach a configured speed (e.g. 10km/h), but it could actually drive 300km/h without a problem. You would never get close to this limit when you just drive normally. Chip is asking if we mind if the configurable warning is removed as it doesn't have any real benefit.