View Single Post
02/14/17, 08:57 AM   #46
Solinur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
Well, good to know it's coming soon at least. Gives me time to finish some other features I'm been working on.

EDIT: Has this gone live on the current PTS?
The PTS is not updated after a patch went live. It will probably remain on 2.7.4 until the next big patch comes.

Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
EDIT:

I see that EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED already has a unitId interger but it always returns nil is that correct? Also EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT seems to return an actual value. Is this actionable? How is persistence determined for example for the unitId returned for the player?

unitId returns proper numbers for me. The thing is it returns the id of "target" so it refers to the same entity as unitName and unittag. The new parameter will refer to the source which allows us to seperate effects cast by the group from the ones cast by the player.

Unitids are supposed to be persistent as long as the entity is known to the client. Which for groupmembers should be as long as everyone is in the instance (and doesn't port to another location). For other enemies it should be valid at least as long as they are visible. These are just some guesses of mine but at least should give an idea. The least I can say is that they are persistent during a fight.

Last edited by Solinur : 02/14/17 at 09:05 AM.