View Single Post
01/22/16, 02:57 PM   #14
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It's an interesting idea sirinsidiator, but splitting the pool in half is a pretty rough penalty.
I don't have any metrics on your group finder, but the few times I tried it I had to wait forever and three days to get a group (as a dd for one of the daily dungeons). So splitting is probably not a reasonable idea until it gets a lot more popular, which in turn won't happen unless it overcomes its problems...

Two other ideas:
a) Add a new rank system (as in low, mid, high) that is based on a players performance in pve. The ranking is kept separate for heal, tank and dps performance of a player and is scaled by the current average population performance. There are x numbers of divisions and the group finder then matches only players from the same rank or one below. Players can see their own ranking in the UI. That way they know how "good" they are compared to the overall population and they can work towards a better rank in order to find better groups.

b) Change the group finder into a lobby style system where someone can open a group, define what they are looking for, add a custom text and it shows in a list (like ages ago in Diablo 2). Players then can filter and select a group they think is a match for them (WYSWYG) or just say "I don't care" and get automatched. This would also make the current chat based lfg spam unnecessary, because the group finder would become the same thing in a global space. It would thus increase the pool size for the group finder and make finding a group faster.