View Single Post
01/23/16, 03:00 AM   #16
coolmodi
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
A checkbox is something we considered and are considering.
Nice to hear you guys consider it

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The issue with that approach is that it doesn't really provide much help in the pick-up group case which is the one that has most potential for problems.
I think everyone can agree that the only potential problem lies within random groups from group finder, and maybe also a bit with groups formed from chat for (non)vet dungeons.

"FTC or kick" or "checkbox or kick" aren't really that different afterall, so there will be absolutely no change where this is already the case, only that not everybody needs an addon installed, so people who just don't want FTC or have a weak PC will get helped with the GroupDamage approach.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I also just don't see how people would kick more over dmg/not having the checkbox than they already do over dmg/no FTC. In the end it's exactly the same, just that using the GroupDamage approach gives more useful data and doesn't require everybody to have the addon. People that refuse to share dps or don't have FTC already won't get taken along and asumed bad, and in group finder dungeons people also won't care more than they already do. If the group is too slow people aready kick or leave even without seeing numbers, others don't care as long as the group works.

You also plan on revamping the group finder, so you should just add a kick vote system while in groups formed from that, and if the rest of the group wants somebody kicked, even if it's over dmg, then frankly they should be able to. People that do that are those that would otherwise leave.

Last edited by coolmodi : 01/23/16 at 03:03 AM.