Thread: Chat System
View Single Post
03/05/21, 05:13 AM   #6
slimwaffle
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
And super strict? Just because the one api you wanted to use is not open?
Pretty rude assumption mate. There is a lot of locked stuff.

If you think about it, it should be pretty obvious why it's a bad idea to allow addons to send chat messages. How long do you think it would take for the first spam addons to show up after they open that api for everyone?
I simply don't see it the same way. Any system can be abused. Doesn't mean you should remove the functionality.Just punish the offenders. I mean it would be easier to limit the number of posts by a person to certain channels within an allotted time.

How long until some addon trivializes combat mechanics in dungeons and trials? It may be true that some things can be used for making live easier for players, but when they can be abused to undermine the integrity of the game it should be obvious why they have to stay closed.
People already have ways of doing this and don't need addons. You see bots all the time. And in pvp you see people using macros to animation cancel and cast entire rotations at break neck speed. An addon won't damage it any further.

Also take a look around and read some of the posts. They open up apis so addon authors can use them and even add new ones based on community requests all the time. Show me one other game company of this size that works as closely with addon authors as ZOS?
Granted I haven't been around the modding scene for this game long enough to notice. However that is kind of funny because I messaged them. Asking about querying the server time. They looked at the message and then ignored it without even acknowledging the question. But I imagine they would ignore any request to query the server.