View Single Post
02/28/20, 12:46 AM   #3
Phuein

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Shouldn't the lower line "EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("ChatRouter"" use your addon's name than instead of ChatRouter again?

Please change this to use the libraries, which provide an own txt file, properly with their txt file, or do not include + add them to ## DependsOn and let users just install it as a standalone version into their AddOns folder.
As I'm overriding the event, I'm using the original identifier. I would use a new name (such as my addon's) if I wanted to add another event to the existing one. [That's my understanding of the API.]

I appreciate your detailed post about the other included libs. As the comments section is not for general addon related requests, I copied and removed it. It looks like a meaningful time investment to update my addons to match the recent changes from the libs.

I wonder if an addon loading those lib files for itself helps prevent compatibility issues, as would happen from regularly updating into newer releases. (Something I had to deal with and fix with LAM2 before.) Might be more luck than brains.