View Single Post
02/25/16, 06:50 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
This is mostly caused by the way how ESOUI and Minion work. There is no proper way to provide multiple versions of an addon where each version is compatible with a different versions of ESO in case something had to be changed. There should be an option to offer download buttons during the transition period to the new API, where one says "Update 8 - Orsinium" and the other "Update 9 - Thieves Guild". Minion also doesn't support multiple installations of ESO. It should detect when a user has PTS, NA and EU installed and also download the correct version for each instance automatically.
We need to change the way we store addons and how that info is stored in our database first. Right now most things in the DB are around the projectid and not the fileid. That is something I'll be working on soon(tm) for us to handle multiple versions of AddOns and tagging them with API version numbers.

Minion certainly detects Live / PTS / EU for me? This was a feature that was added awhile ago. If you've never deleted (or safer, renamed) your minion.xml and been using Minion from the start then you've probably never seen the newer detection process? (see screen shot attached, ignore outdated addons its just a dev vm)

We do have our java programmer back and we want to release an update to Minion soon. Just untangling everything from ZAM is taking longer than planned. I'll certainly add these ideas to our Minion backlog as it will require some updates to Application and our API too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1441
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	692  

Last edited by Dolby : 02/25/16 at 07:05 PM.