View Single Post
02/26/16, 07:28 AM   #9
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
We need to change the way we store addons and how that info is stored in our database first. Right now most things in the DB are around the projectid and not the fileid. That is something I'll be working on soon(tm) for us to handle multiple versions of AddOns and tagging them with API version numbers.
I understand that it will require some work to get a proper way to handle this, but in the meantime why not just add a second button that links to a different (old) file?
You already allow us to tag a file to be compatible with certain game versions, so it should be possible to do something like this:
Code:
if($twoGameVersionsAvailable) { 
	$oldFile = GetNewestAddonFileForOldGameVersion()
	$newFile = GetNewestAddonFileForNewGameVersion()
	if($oldFile !== $newFile) {
		ShowTwoButtons($oldFile, $newFile)
	} else {
		ShowOneButton($newFile)
	}
} else {
	ShowOneButton(GetNewestAddonFile())
}
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Minion certainly detects Live / PTS / EU for me? This was a feature that was added awhile ago. If you've never deleted (or safer, renamed) your minion.xml and been using Minion from the start then you've probably never seen the newer detection process? (see screen shot attached, ignore outdated addons its just a dev vm)
I have to admit I haven't looked into it too deeply. Just added the PTS and it looks like it works.
When I added it however, it showed a few additional entries for the pts installation in the game list (up to 3 times). After restarting Minion it shows correctly.
It also does not label it as PTS: