View Single Post
01/27/16, 02:30 AM   #5
Ravalox Darkshire
Ravalox of Lake Superior

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by haggen View Post
It's already available online and I had included a copyright note so if they're going to cut it they'd do that regardless.

Also I use it ALL THE TIME, actually I never write a line of code before checking if something similar is already in the official code.

There's no official documentation or guideline so the source is only thing we have.

About the version being outdated, nothing changed. :P
The difference here is that Github is intended for code sharing and development of that code. We don't own that code. Keeping the code in house under the ESOUI banner site allows us to keep control of that code's visibility to the wild (if ever ZOS or we would need to restrict it for any reason)

The only question really, is whether the existing ESOUI based interface to acess and search the ZOS source is lacking; and even then, since Cairenn and Dolby are revamping things, maybe bringing any shortcomings to them would be better than shifting to an external (to our community) site.

Of course this is my aspect, but Chip, Dolby or Cairenn may be better ones to speak to about this.

Last edited by Ravalox Darkshire : 01/27/16 at 03:08 AM.