View Single Post
09/07/22, 02:11 PM   #10
wookiefriseur

Originally Posted by waebbl View Post
No matter how the monopoly emerged in the end, not offering a public interface to query the data, and forcing people to a lock-in for their proprietary, deficient, closed-source addon manager, looks like a misuse of this monopoly.
Not defending the closed source mindset of our "big corporate overlords" here, but just because it doesn't run in cases it wasn't initially designed for, does not mean it's deficient. Runs pretty well on Windows and does its job. Although as the go to AddonManager they should have a certain interest in making it easier for the average user to get it to work on all big PC operating systems and samsung fridges.

Originally Posted by waebbl View Post
I came to this site for the question if there's a public API available, because so far I wasn't able to properly run Minion (using Linux) with their java build. Seems like this thread answers my question.

Have you tried any of the steps mentioned in https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...?t=8500&page=2 . Or did you try the python script (also mentioned there), that seems to be a tolerated alternative for now?