View Single Post
07/11/17, 03:52 AM   #6
jpdouble69
CustomTitles brings no functionality other than that and is not needed.
It is solely included by the addons authors to have their own "cool" title and include friends or beggars. Not sure if it has been used in a harmfull manner yet, but the potential is there.

Not sure if getting whispers is the right purpose
Originally Posted by Ayantir
Just had my first " How did you get that title ? "
So to all addon authors: DO NOT sneakily include stuff to your addon that has nothing to do with your addon, DO NOT enable it by default AND offer an option to turn it on (default off). You are doing it the wrong way so that ZoS sooner or later has to react.
Well i guess the addon others did the sneaky way on purpose - what youd be their benefit if it is disbaled by default and has to be turned on, right?

Include it, add an option to enable it in the seetings and let the users decide if they want your custom tiltes to be displayed.

Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
Personally, i may have encounter 1 or 2 on NA server, and i am playing since beta. And even if i admit i was quite a bit *grins* jealous of this, i truly enjoy to see those. Kind of good RP for me.
CustomLib was started in March 2016 and has been around since, not since beta. It has nothing to do with RP, since only a few "control" these titles as you may know:
Originally Posted by Anceane
My Account: @Anceane
The title I would like to replace: Volunteer
The title I would like: Dark Emerald
Well not surprised you are biased but it is sad to see you and the posters above been totally fine with the sneaky way CustomLib is distributed w/o any way to let the user decide.

Make it transparent, have a place where all interested players can add their CustomTitles and i am pretty sure it is fine.

Last edited by jpdouble69 : 07/11/17 at 04:12 AM.