View Single Post
03/19/14, 07:08 AM   #37
Duck
Super damage and incredible magica recovery!

One thing I noticed was that no one has realized the sheer power of 'Weakness to Elements' -> 'Elemental Drain' (Restores Magica when attacking target with Fire, Shock, and Cold Damage).... By applying Elemental Drain before attacking the target with almost anything form the Storm Calling tree. The overall spell cost reduction of this combo coupled with as much Spell cost reduction and modest magica regen you will be able to spam the crap out of lightning abilities!

The other thing I noticed was that 'Crystal Shards' morphed to 'Crystal Fragments' procs a lot when when spamming Storm Calling skills. Most people don't notice that Crystal Fragments' instant cast procs off ANY spell that costs magica.

Also, 'Mages Fury' morphed to 'Endless Fury' also grants a large chunk of magica if the target dies by the spell.

These synergistic abilities allow the use of plate/bound armor/etc...
With this build I focused mostly on high defense and stacking stamina regen to maximize Dark Exchange/Dark Conversion to fill any gaps in my mana pool and always keep full HP.

Lastly, I chose the High Elf race because the Destruction Tallent makes getting to Elemental Drain as fast as possible as well as Elemental Tallent for the boost to all 3 elemental damage schools.