View Single Post
03/20/14, 08:05 PM   #38
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
You can use weapon skills with any weapon, but you cannot benefit from the passives in a weapon tree unless you are using that weapon. It would be pretty bad on their part if they said you could not use any skill outside out your class skills and weapon that you have equipped. It would ruin one of the main features of the game. I can see it said from players now. You mean I have to have a Resto staff equipped to heal myself?
You have that backwards. Weapon-specific skills cannot be used without that weapon equipped. If this were not the case, why would you ever swap weapons? To heal yourself, you can use one of the many skills most classes have to heal. In the case of sorc, they're limited on healing and yeah, they might have to equip a resto staff. That's why you can switch weapons at 15.

Do you really think you can do, e.g., a critical charge while wielding your staff instead of a 2Her? You can't.

As far as passives not applying, most passives are written to apply to the particular weapon, however some passives are written as if they apply to others, too.