View Single Post
02/17/14, 04:57 PM   #23
Callsign
Originally Posted by ablueman View Post
I like it, not sure about dampen field, I can understand it would help your "tankyness", but would immovable not be better as that helps against all damage not just spell? A couple of heavy armour items wouldnt really hurt your build to boost armour a little?

That will be interesting to see. I hope resetting skills doesnt cost too much lol

As a side note looking at your templar build got me looking at a attack speed imperial nightblade with syphoning build small health gains but the idea being that you will be constantly hitting and proccing as often as possible critting etc. (build is just a barebones idea).
Dampen Magic's shield is an all damage shield. The effect from putting the shield up is that you take 50% less damage from spells. Boundless Storm, which I also have socketed, has a similar effect. Judging by the tooltips, Boundless Storm looks like it will scale better in the Armor and Spell Resistance department and the trade off is Boundless Storm has AoE damage for melee mobs when the run to you and, for the morph I chose, has increased movement speed versus Immovable's immunity from knockback and disabling effects. However, the main reason that I went Boundless Storm over Immovable is that Boundless Storm costs Magicka and Immovable costs Stamina and my build is built to only rely on Magicka.

I am in a similar boat as you trying to find the ideal attack speed Nightblade tanking build. This is my current version of the build. It relies more on self healing than evasion and has infinite longevity due to Leeching Strikes.