View Single Post
01/17/17, 09:40 PM   #21
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Made a post earlier over on the ESO forums about this, though it might be a bit irrelevant at this point: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...log-pts#latest

Am I to understand that its now the future intention for us not to be able to see hostile player buffs and debuffs any longer? But once again we'll be able to see passive PVE mob buffs like "Scary Immunities" and buffs on players?

Also I have an inquiry about detecting events:
For developing LUI I've been making a comprehensive spreadsheet of all abilities (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing - it's a bit hard to read atm because I'm using it to keep track of my workflow) and how they interact by using Srendarr to detect events going on in the worldspace. Srendarr simply provides a chat printout of any ability usage that occurs and due to API limitations will only show the source/target if the player is one of those.

I use OnCombatEvent currently for LUI to create "fake aura" buffs/debuffs for attacks in game that don't correctly show an active effect - by tracking events sourced from a target onto the player. When an ability is applied and detects a valid source NPC applying it to the player it creates a buff container, and when it is removed it sees no source removing it from the player - destroying the container, effectively allowing me to create accurate fake buffs that apply and fall off correctly when removed or cleansed.

As it stands I could easily make an addon that notifies me of a player using any ability targeting me via OnCombatEvent as well - or to simply alert me to stealthed nearby players.

I understand you are likely going to limit this functionality - and if so would you potentially be able to limit that functionality to only stealthed targets or only inside Cyrodiil. I'd appreciate still being able to see events that NPC's are performing to other targets.

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 01/17/17 at 09:49 PM.