View Single Post
01/19/17, 09:50 AM   #24
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Combat events will also only be sent for abilities that come from you or target you instead of what we do now which is clear out some of the identifying info.
I've been thinking, Chip. Will it be possible to exclude all these combat events, but ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW and ACTION_RESULT_DIED_XP specifically?

if you still keep sending these 2, with blank sourceName and sourceId (like it is right now on live), but with targetName and abilityId only (no need for targetId) i'll still be able to provide Kill Feed without compromising privacy of these players in a fashion it happens right now.

I'll just need these 2 (ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW, ACTION_RESULT_DIED_XP) and targetName and abilityId for anybody dying in pvp.

One of the reasons i'm asking for this is that if you stop sending them all, there will be no way to know if the guy you're attacking died unless your attack was the killing blow.

Could you discuss it with the design team?

Cheers.

PS. Btw, kills from Ballista are reported as Ballista's kills instead of the player's kills. Could you take a look at this as well?

Edit: Or even with sourceName as well, without sourceId

Last edited by dorrino : 01/19/17 at 10:11 AM.