View Single Post
09/26/19, 04:25 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When enough people show interest, it may sway them to do something, but it's hard to keep track if it's in several places over several years. And just because there is no answer doesn't mean that ZOS isn't keeping an eye on it.

About the steps to reproduce, I kindly suggest you read the rules for the bug report forum. This is not some customer support forum, but something that is read by the devs themselves. Dev time is expensive, so I'd like to ensure a certain amount of quality to these bug reports. If you leave out important information like that, you may as well just report it ingame via the /bug command and never hear about it again.

And no, LibGPS doesn't use LibMapPings to send group pings. It only sets player waypoints to do measurements, which is something entirely different and doesn't count towards any request limits as it's entirely local.

That aside, what do you even mean with errors and crashes? When you talk about errors you absolutely have to include their message and stacktraces, otherwise it could be literally anything. And if you mean "kicked from the server" with your "it crashes", that's not a bug. The addons simply hit the api rate limit for map pings, which is actually something I've solved for LibGroupSocket, but since most authors seem to prefer to slap together their own implementation, they can't profit from that protection.