Thread: 2.4 Update
View Single Post
06/01/16, 01:17 AM   #29
Sounomi
Originally Posted by Letho View Post
OMFG I didn't know ESO uses that type of user input validation. Recently quit The Division for this, as soon as I encounter this personally, ESO will follow. Because this is a part of the game's netcode, recoding and thus fixing this **** should not be possible at reasonable costs. Blizzard must really love the way other gaming companies crap on their userbase and thereby destroy their own games
Hate to break it to you, but even WoW uses that sort of model too. Same with their new Overwatch game, going by all of the news of cheating going on there. In fact, any game that doesn't want to lag to death under stress will use that model, which is most MMOs in the past decade or so. If ESO checked every single input from the client, Cyrodiil would be unplayable with even a fraction of the players out there. it takes a lot of resources to pull that off and hence why developers use the trusted client model.

BTW Ayantir, I really do appreciate the amount of work you do for us and I'd hate to see you to give it up too.

Last edited by Sounomi : 06/01/16 at 01:20 AM.