View Single Post
03/20/21, 08:50 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes the current version you should be using is Advanced Filters - Updated by Baertram. I am sorry if you have an older non functional version. Make sure you get that exact version so you have one that is 100% updated to work with the current UI and API of the game. API meaning the games internal code. Using other versions will probably break your inventory screen. That seems to be what you were saying you had so that version will take care of it.

Many users feel there are outdated libraries but the libraries are going to be things like LibAddonMenu and those are by no means outdated. I know some users don't know how to install and manage mods but all the libraries used by Advanced Filters - Updated are current.

Now some mod authors do pack Libraries with their mod when they should not be doing that and that can cause conflicts users have to troubleshoot. I am sorry if you have not been successful at doing that. Most people like myself try to get authors to stop embedding libraries with the mods. Put yourself int he authors shoes though. Authors just want some peace and quiet and not hear complaints that the mod doesn't work when the user didn't even take the time to read the description page and install the required libraries. Never the less some authors do that and it causes conflicts and makes other up to date mods malfunction.

Now modules or plugins are different. Those are the things that add little options to Advanced Filters that it didn't come with. Some of them could still work but you would have to try them.

If they don't then don't express your discontent as if the original or the main part of the mod is not kept up to date, when it is.

Also remember Out of Date on the Addons list means pretty much nothing. Just for future reference it is being removed because people see that "Out of Date" and think it isn't updated or maintained.

Now if a Plugin doesn't work or you see errors then contact the author of the plugin and ask them to update it. If they don't respond, then your only option is to update it yourself, wait for someone else to do it, or go without it.