View Single Post
12/09/19, 05:10 AM   #1
wambo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trial Graphics / Graphics profiles

Hi,

I suggested to implement this into 'Votan's adaptive sync' or his 'Advanced Settings' but it seems he is not interested.

What I am thinking of is an addon that allows profiles for different scenarios and adjusts graphics and other settings affecting performance. Most comfortable would be a change based on location, as I see this most used for trials or PVP environment.

Some settings might require a reloadui, but I think many raiders have a worflow like this:
Join group - port into trial - adjust addons (Addon selector), reloadUI - adjust CP/Gear/skills - (... port out buy pots and so on) - go raid - port out, leave group, change addons, reloadui

So if the addon would be included in all addon profiles, ideally it would change the settings after porting based on the area (like DressingRoom does), and use the reloadui for addon changes to also load other settings (if necessary).

I'm pretty sure many players in "endgame" PVE and PVP permanently run lower settings to increase performance and can't be bothered to repeatedly reloadui or just manually change the settings if they are outside. But with such an addon they could enjoy Tamriel's in the beauty the game can offer.