View Single Post
01/15/15, 02:43 PM   #17
Raeyan
Angry Yeah dude needs to get beat with a banstick fahreelz

Originally Posted by rkuhnjr View Post
Only thing he was testing was to see if he could get away with it
As a programmer, yeah I can verify that even without seeing the code. The fact that it mailed ALL your gold means he was detecting the exact amount of gold you had and then sending that amount. If a developer wanted to test a mailing feature like that, you'd use a constant value of 1 for the gold amount, not a check to see how much gold you had and send ALL your gold. Sending 1 gold makes it so you don't have to reset by mailing it back to yourself each time you "test" the functionality in game.

ZoS should ban him and you guys should probably do the same. I'm sure he's not going to be stupid enough to try a stunt like this again, but it's the principle of it. You don't get to try to rip off tons of people and keep on playing. That being said, I'd love to find the addon zip file somewhere so I could see the bit of code he stuck in there. $20 says it doesn't even remotely look "accidental" and by that I mean it's probably right smack dab in the middle of a function in which it's completely out of context.