Thread: Keybinds
View Single Post
01/05/20, 09:17 PM   #8
Akopian Atrebates
Premium Member
You know what I think about some of the really old bugs? I have played in games in Ultima Online beta onward. Programmers come and go on these games. Every year they add layers and layers onto the coding they have before. They might start with good organization, but every time somebody new comes in, they misunderstand the importance of this or that at some point. Eventually, the game becomes extremely hard to fix. Some seemingly innocuous changes have far reaching effects that nobody there can really understand. They know how to tamper with things they change often, but certain difficult bugs that were hard to fix in the past become even harder in the future when people understand them even less. It would probably take tremendous devotion by certain parties to fix and text certain seemingly simple bugs. I remember a couple of times Ultima Online simply shutting down because of what were supposed to be simple fixes. Nothing has changed since then. Every game has been like that. Dark Age of Camelot, EVE, WoW, Rift, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer ONline, and more.