View Single Post
02/16/20, 11:14 AM   #3
ShadowMau
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Don't think you are missing anything. I just copy pasted your code into files and it works just fine. Either you have missed something in the way you posted it, or you are simply overlooking the keybind in the menu.
Try to compare the attached version to your own with something like WinMerge. Maybe there are some unseen differences like a utf8 BOM.

Thank you so much for looking at it. I admire your work and feel honored you took the time to look at my issue. I downloaded the zip file you attached, installed your debug addons (thank you), deleted my directory, pasted in the one from the zip file, reloaded game, and it worked perfectly. Which makes me think there is an encoding problem somewhere. I think Notepad++ is using regular utf8. Are we supposed to be using something else? And why do all the other files work, and only that one specific binding file causing the problem?

Anyway, it is working now. Now I have to figure out what is going on so my next attempt will not have the same issue.