View Single Post
07/28/21, 02:37 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey Anceane,

if the addons use ZO_SavedVars:NewAccountWide e.g. it should use the API function GetDisplayName() internalle (returning the @accountName) you are currently logged in with.
You can use the /script d(GetDisplayName()) ingame to show the @account it returns.
The API funciton has not changed afaik and should always return the same style of characters. It might be always satrting with an uppercase character. But I'm not sure if there are accounts starting with a lower case char as well.
But the value the SVs write to and read from are the same: the result of GetDisplayName()

If the addons do not use ZO_SavedVars it's their own way of storing the data to the SV table mentioned in the ## SavedVariables: <tablename> of the addon's txt file. They could use GetDisplayName() but somehow change the 1st character then later on before passing it to the table.

I cannot talk for the other addons but FCOChangeStuff is mine and it is using ZO_SavedVars only!
It should look like this in your SVs:
Code:
FCOChangeStuff_Settings =
{
    ["Default"] = 
    {
        ["@Baertram"] = 
        {
Where @Baertram is the accountname that GetDisplayName() returns.

As I got no problems with the settings I assume you have either manipulated the files manually once some day and used a search & replace for the accountName in the SV files and accidently created the "other" entry.

Or some addon ingame is doing a no-go, overwrites GetDisplayName, changing the first character?
-> Try to use notepad++ search menu -> search in files: search in all of your addons in live/AddOns for GetDisplayName and check if there is an assignment somewhere, like
GetDisplayName = function
or
function GetDisplayName
or
GetDisplayName =

Else I'm puzzled how this would happen.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/28/21 at 02:42 AM.