View Single Post
05/06/23, 01:08 PM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ExoY View Post
I discovered some weird behaviour with moving ui elements from addons. Which is different to how it is currently on live.
Maybe somebody else can check, if they are able to reproduce it.
Also I dont know if that is intended or maybe a bug.

What I usually do to move ui around is "activate" the cursor by pressing the "enter"-key.
This doesnt work properly anymore on pts. Once I click on a ui to drag and drop it the courser just disappears, as if I just clicked on Gui root.

I cann still move stuff around, but I need to activate the courser using the specific hotkey for it, which is "." by default (i believe).

Obviously I cannot try this without any addons activated. But to decrease the chance that some addons interfere I tested it on live and pts with only my addon "ExoYs ProcSet Timer" and its dependencies activated.

I noticed the same behaviour with other addons as well.

More insights from Calamath,thanks for that!
When I turned on the "HUD Cursor On Entry" setting and performed the Start Chat action in the HUD scene, the mouse cursor appeared and I was able to enter string text in the chat window. This looks like a transition to the hudui scene.
But when I type /script d(SCENE_MANAGER:GetCurrentScene():GetName()), sometimes it returns 'hud' and sometimes it returns 'hudui'.
Digging a little deeper, I noticed that this behavior has changed after PTS patch to rely on the mouse cursor coodinates saved just BEFORE performing the StartChat action in the hud scene.
If the mouse cursor was inside the chat window for example, it will be 'hudui' no matter where you move the cursor after the action.
If the cursor was on a place such as a landscape with no UI elements, it will be 'hud'.
Moving the mouse cursor somewhere else after performing the chat start action, such as mouse over a toplevel window, no longer changed the result anymore.
Maybe it's a latency issue, but I couldn't resize the chat window in the conditions that I would get 'hud' result.
On the other hand, under the condition of returning "hudui", I am free to resize the chat window in the PTS as well as in the live server.
This difference in behavior may be as intended by design, but it is very difficult for me to understand intuitively.
The conclusion may be that we should not interact with the UI element by mouse cursor AFTER the StartChat action.

Edit:

ZOs was able to reproduce the issue and is working on a fix.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/10/23 at 02:01 AM.