View Single Post
02/25/19, 02:27 PM   #1
BoarGules

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Library load-order dependency in DolgubonsLazyWritCreator

Today I upgraded DolgubonsLazyWritCreator to version 2.5.16.2.

After that, at login or /reloadui I would get these instructions:

[20:25] Libraries not found. Please do the following, especially if you use Minion to manage your addons:
[20:25] 1. Open Minion and uninstall both the Writ Crafter and the RU Patch for the Writ Crafter, which may have been automatically installed by Minion
[20:25] - To uninstall, right click the addon in Minion, and choose uninstall
[20:25] 2. Then, reinstall the Writ Crafter, and reinstall the RU patch if desired.
Which instructions I faithfully followed, with and without intervening /reloadui commands and with and without intervening cold game restarts and even a Windows reboot, several times.

The source says the libraries that are not being found are one or more of LibStub, LibLazyCrafting, LibAddonMenu-2.0; but I have all of those installed and up to date.

Eventually I went back to version 2.5.5 and it worked. Comparing the two versions (2.5.5 and 2.5.16.2) of DolgubonsLazyWritCreator.txt I noticed that the following library dependencies were commented out in the new version but not in the old:

Code:
; libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
; libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua
; libs\LibLazyCrafting\LibLazyCrafting.lua
; libs\LibLazyCrafting\Enchanting.lua
; libs\LibLazyCrafting\Smithing.lua
; libs\LibFeedback\feedback.lua
On a hunch I took the semicolons out to make these lines match the versions in 2.5.5 and my problem went away.

I conclude that the version with the semicolons works if the libraries happen to have already been loaded by another add-on. But not in my case.

Last edited by BoarGules : 02/25/19 at 02:46 PM.