View Single Post
04/15/14, 04:31 PM   #34
NixonInnes

Ok, since my last post I've reached the veteran content and have had to change my build a lot.

For those who CBA finding my original post in here:
I used 5xHeavy & 2xLight armor, along with 1H+Shield & Resto Staff. I also took 2H later on for a little more damage while questing.
My stats were distributed at lv50, something along the lines of: 19-20-10

I found this style of play pretty difficult in the vet content. I struggled 2/3rds of the way through VR1 playing with the above setup. Bosses would essentially last long enough with my low DPS to deplete my magicka and stamina, and large groups of mobs did too much damage for me to kill them before they killed me.

I decided to find a new tactic and reset my stats & skillpoints. I moved over to 2xHeavy & 5xLight with a Resto staff. Dropped all my stats into magicka, and use heavy Aedric Spear/Dawns Wrath DPS. I need to balance my gear by mainly wearing health statted items to prevent heavily delving over the softcap, but I am having a much easier time with the vet content now. I can burst down most mob groups and kite bosses pretty successfully.

tl;dr:
I played a tanky temp 1 - 50, then found the vet content was pretty hard for me. I re-specced to light-DPS and found it way easier (VR1 - 2 at least).