View Single Post
09/25/14, 07:06 AM   #5
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In addition to seeing things like Ravenslock's screenshot there, I'm also noticing something else (and this is likely simply caused by the way I packaged things):

- I bundled 2 addons together for most of my addons recently, trying to work my way around this embedded library bloat (my concern exclusively, I'm sure).
- I re-embedded libraries in all of my stand-alone addons, and left the dependency addon inside my collections
- I think some users (as of last night/this morning) were upgrading from the double addon downloads to the embed downloads of standalones, while also using a collection and I think this resulted in:
- - The collection download carried over the Core Libraries folder just fine
- - The subsequent standalone addon downloads wiped out the Core Libraries folder because they no longer contained them

I think this is because, and correct me if I'm wrong Dolby, Minion is destroying what it last installed for a particular addon (in this case Core Libraries and say Full Immersion) and then installing the new copy of the addon (which only included Full Immersion this time). And since the collection installed by the user was attempting to maintain that Core Libraries folder, the other addon install(s) basically stepped on it and made all of the internal addons for that collection go inactive.

^^ sound probable? I don't even know what the solution would be from the Minion side of things. I won't be making big changes like this much more in the future but that doesn't mean this kind of scenario can't play out again through other means.