View Single Post
04/03/14, 10:54 AM   #4
JackyD
No I'm neither on a proxy nor on a VPN.

I ran a couple more tests today: cloned my machine and virtualised it, then I went ahead and disabled all security features and put the VM into a DMZ -> NOK the issue still persists

As I'm getting a Java error I then went ahead and wiped all traces of it from my PC using the MSICUU2.exe. I did this as I had previously installed Java 8.0 64bit as I was thinking that maybe some leftover from it could be causing the issue but still -> NOK

I scoured through Event Viewer but there are no events showing up for the time frame when I tested Minion.

I still might have an image lying around of my system prior to migrating to Windows 8. I will try and run a test on a VM of that one to see if the problem also occurs on Win7, aside from some software updates it is the exact same config as my current setup.

Security Software I'm running:

GData Antivirus
Malwarebytes Pro
Sophos Safeguard Encryption

I do use a VPN but it was disabled when I first got the error, I have since tried with the VPN enabled, even trying to launch the tool while connected to servers from around the globe (US, UK, Germany, Russia, Japan) without success.

Edit: does Minion create logs on either start up or crash to trace issues? If so which files do you need me to provide in order to investigate further?

Something I forgot to add is that I'm running some legacy DotNet features which I need for some of my Job related apps, I'm gonna disable these and will report back in with my findings

Last edited by JackyD : 04/03/14 at 11:05 AM.