Thread: ESOUI Discord
View Single Post
06/01/17, 04:44 AM   #22
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey Randactyl,
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
In my opinion it is much more likely that a community owned Discord server becomes abandoned than one owned by Dolby or Cairenn or some other MMOUI staff. Just look at one of the 618 addons in Discontinued and Outdated.
Community owned Discord server can't be abandoned because it's owned by community and not single person or group of persons related to one company. I will gladly grant admin roles to known to me, trustworthy authors and they can pass it on. I already gave an example of abanoned in-game guild officially created by mmoui staff. On the opposite site there is the gitter which is community owned and is doing very well

Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
As for use, an official one can be advertised on the website.
Can't see a reason why unofficial, community owned one can't be advertised that way. Besides as you probably know there is an official esoui IRC channel, can't see it being advertised on the website Actually it requires some effort to find any info about it. We as a community can advertise it in our own channels. Can post info about it in official eso forums, advertise it in our guilds and so on.

I believe we are grown community, we don't need a kindergarten, we can handle moderation and we can shape that discord server to best fit our needs.