Thread: ESOUI Discord
View Single Post
06/02/17, 05:15 AM   #26
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alright, you don't like me quoting only parts of your posts (which I did to make my post a bit clear, only wanted to point to which paragraph I'm reffering to) and you sounds like being offended by that, then I will not quote at all. You can guess which part I'm refering to.

I will create an account to which I will transfer the ownership of that server. I will then give access to that account to trustworthy authors I know. I can see your biggest concern here is who has the power and why he and not somebody else? So as you can see I would like the authors to have that power. Also don't expect me not being offended by that question. There are numerous ways you could get to that point without offending me. So answering your question I'm an addon author and I'm no one's property here. I don't get to judge who gets power, I have power and all other authors have it. I don't want to be restricted by others. I want to be creative and having power helps it a lot. In the discord server I created authors have full accountability and MMOUI staff will not lose anything in case of some hypothetical moderation scandal, because it isn't theirs official server. Do you want to limit my freedom so I can't create discord servers because "who the heck" am I?

I didn't miss your 618 abandoned projects, that's just silly example. How does that compare to single discord server owned by the community? Those addons were owned by individual authors. Also some of them are abandoned by active authors becase there is no reason for them after some game changes.

Here I will leave some part of your post unanserwer because I don't have a will and time to answer and will get to the last point.

I know OP question was answered but I wouldn't assume he was satisfied with the answer. I had same question in my mind and I wasn't satisfied. I suppose the topic would end there if not my post. There wouldn't be any discord server. The rest of the discussion was triggered because I dared to create one. I'm not going to defend it, it's there and you can join if you like. As I said I will create the separate owner account and will share it with trustworthy authors I know.