Thread: ESOUI Discord
View Single Post
06/02/17, 12:33 PM   #32
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Harven View Post

Anceane,
Don't know if that was your intention (probably quite opposite) but point 2 sounds to me like a situation on official discord server if it ever gets created. I said I would share the ownership with other authors. The one leader thing is the case in official IRC channel and arcane scripters guild (there is one leader, and that's mmoui). There are some positive sides of it, I'm not saying mmoui staff is bad or anything like it (Dolby is kind enough that he's not going to open official discord server until we are unanimous). It's just that in such environments I feel like in kindergarden.
3. check my addons comments - you can clearly see I'm not reading them too ofter. But I'm almost allways available on discord. Is this forcing anyone to do anything? In my opition it's rather helping people reach some authors.
This is may be the difference.

I will speak for myself : i am a writer. Not a known writer. But i write. I am french and write in both langages. I love to create, and put images and painting with my words. I do not have time to moderate, or deal with anything beside what i love : writing and painting.

I see you as a creator, an author of addons. you have a lot of those too. Some you gave up on for different reasons, and some you still deliver and update.
You do not have the time to answer to all comments. You have to deal and choose the good comments : those who give information on bugs, those who push you to perfect the addon and ignore for the right cause the ones ony asking and asking and asking for nothing. (yes i am probably a bit rude)

I do not see you as an Admin/Moderator, but as a creator with all the freedom it needs.

Your idea is good, you need a place to regroup and i understand it. But i do not think that you should take the leader role that will eat your time and energy.

My two cents )

PS : All of you Author's, are creator for me. I try as much as i can to respect your time and needs. I may have sometimes forget that when i am in love with one of your creations. Thank you for the big part of fun you added to this game.