Thread: ESOUI Discord
View Single Post
06/02/17, 02:15 PM   #33
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Randactyl, looks like it was taken as an offence (or at least as a rude sentence) not only by me. You can't say "don't die" to a person, then shoot them and expect them not to die But let's leave that behind.

Which point I have not addressed? Sorry english is not my primary language so maybe I don't understand something.
About the account with ownership (this is also in response to Dolgubon): I believe I know which authors I can trust so they will not hand that ownership to a random people.
Then you're talking about 3 classes of people in unofficial server and 2 classes with unbiased moderation on official server. But that moderation is a third class. And that third class is very small. Those are peoples that don't do addons, they know about our needs/problems only if we tell them. And even if we tell them to change something they don't have to do it. They can be lazy or they can see the point differently than we, addon authors, so they don't have to fully understand us. Let me jump to another point as my limited english vocabulary isn't enough to fully defend my point here.

You say I don't have administrative power on ESOUI. That's not true. I have my own author site here, where I have a sort of bug tracker, I can create/edit/delete pages on that site. I can upload/delete my addons, manage comments on my addons. I have numerous control panels. Aren't that administrative powers? Isn't that power helping me with being creative? I would like to have similar administrative powers on discord, so I can post files in the chat, post link, post screenshots, add new channels if I need them, manage bots so they can for instance post info about updated addons, post info about commits from my (and other authors) repositories, post news from eso site/forums (like patch notes). Maybe I will come up with something else in the future that will help me/other users of that server. Or maybe other author addon will need something? You may say mmoui staff will do that for me. Then let me tell you about IRC channel. Long time ago I came up with an idea to write an IRC bot that will post info about updates addons in the chat. I spent few hours writing it in lua and testing. I was happy that I wrote something useful and I thought people will like it. Then I invited it to the channel and was instantly told by mmoui staff that I should remove it because that's not the channel for it. Can you feel the pain? If not, do something creative and useful and be told to throw it to the trash.

I created that discord server because I feel I need it and I don't want it to be controlled by third party company. I want it to be controled by the community, by people who know what they need and can execute theirs creativity while not being limited by some silly rules. I don't want to be only one with control of that server - I stated it many times. I knew that if I let mmoui staff create it first, it would share the fate of that IRC channel. And I'm not talking about it being abandoned, I'm talking about what I wrote in previous parahraph.

Dolgubon, sorry but in case of EU Arcane Scripters Guild I can only blame ESOUI admins. The person that had full control over it logged into the game only few times at the beginning, because the company is NA based.

Anceane, I think you can also find some answers to your comment in above paragraphs Thank you for your understanding.

@everyone: as I said before english is not my primary language and that's the reason it takes a lot of effort and time for me to write my comments. As I don't have unlimited time, my future responses will be short and will address only parts of your comments that I feel I can explain with my limited vocabulary without wasting half of a day. Sorry in advance Also I have my opinion in this case and I don't believe there are arguments that could possibly change it. If you decide to open official discord server that's fine but I will probably not use it. I will keep the server I created open, everyone is welcome.