View Single Post
02/16/14, 03:09 PM   #5
mageguy
Originally Posted by Revehn View Post
That is very interesting to read...

Daedric Curse is a must have ?
Also, is Clannfear really that interesting with Winged ? How do you keep your health up ?
The Clann acts very much like a tank (as long as I don't go in too early). I often toss up a curse to send the clann and winged in, and they do their thing for a tick or two, then I start in.
This assures my tank summon does his job.
The winged is nice for the dps.

I'm honestly not sure if I'll morph the winged to heal me when I get low, or to give me increased mana regen.
If I do the regen it adds to my "infinite mana" concept for dungeons. If I do the heal, then I'll basically be my own self contained party, with a tank, two ranged dps (me and the winged), and then the winged as my healer.
So I really don't know.

Keeping my health up is trivial. I rarely get hit.
I lose 20% mana from having two summons out, but I have the one passive that negates 10% of that. And then I have the one passive that restores 10% mana if one of them dies, which offsets the cost of resummoning but about 50%.

At level 16 my clannfear was able to replace the tank in my party when I ran BC.
But then, lets be honest, at 16 you're over powered for that dungeon anyway. So that's not a great example.

The most painful part was hitting the soft cap on magicka. I crashed into that wall at level 10.
Which sucked. But it is what it is.
Players doing what I'm doing would break the game if you didn't hit it early, I just wish you didn't hit it SO early. :-/

In short though, I'm a one trick pony.
And since you can reset attributes and skills, I think I'll probably go melee vampire once I figure out where the vampires are in game. lol

I don't think curse is a requirement. It's just a low magicka cost spell to cast for it's dps output. That makes it desirable.
But by and large, I already know it won't be part of my level 30+ build.
But at low levels it's nice to take just because you can keep more dps ticking on the mob while you work a direct damage rotation.

Last edited by mageguy : 02/17/14 at 08:07 AM.