View Single Post
02/17/14, 09:57 AM   #10
ablueman
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
You can indeed use skills from any tree with any weapon. There are no restrictions. It's a feature of the game. I was doing it in beta. One thing I do need to change is the passives in the One Hand and Shield tree as they are not going to benefit a Sorcerer tank who is going to use a staff.

I considered picking up the taunt in the Undaunted tree as it is a range taunt, but lacks considerably to the taunt in the One Hand and Shield tree and would really only benefit someone if they wanted to kite a mob around.

I also changed the #5 skill to Dampen Magic to act as an all around Damage shield instead of Bound Aegis, which only increases armor at a cost of Magicka, and the Ultimate to Absorption Field as an enemy control + health and magicka regen source. I'm torn on the Ultimate that I really want to use as there does not seem to be one that covers multiple situations very well.
Hang on, You can use any skill from any skill tree with any weapon, however you CANT use a weapon specific skill unless your using that weapon. At least thats my understanding.

I could be wrong but I am fairly sure thats what I was seeing in the beta.

If your sure thats true then I will be significantly changing my build lol.

As far as the ultimate, I only used negate magic which was useful, but i think at least initially I will be swapping it out for Storm Atronach. It tanks and does dmg. AoE if you morph it right..

Last edited by ablueman : 02/17/14 at 10:00 AM.