View Single Post
02/17/14, 12:43 PM   #19
ablueman
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
As a Sorcerer tank, the amount of spell reduction you will get from a Breton will be nice, but not game changing. I think the Magicka reduction from Breton on abilities will help with your Stamina over time. Less cost on abilities means more time for Stamina to regen, so it may naturally balance itself and may have been a design intention.

I am going to be rolling Aldmeri Dominion with some friends at the start. However, I plan on making my first cross faction alt for the Daggerfall Covenant. I am most likely going to be rolling a Templar tank to begin with, but I thought I would theorycraft all of the tanks and see what kind of styles and builds I could come up with. This is my current Templar build. I find it rather strong, having the ability to useful is almost every situation without giving up anything. It's a full Stamina build, where as the Sorcerer is a full Magicka build.

I'll be posting my ideas and builds on the officials forums when the game launches, in class, tanking, and healing forums (I do have plans to do some healing). Two abilities I see as a must for Sorcerer tanking are Dark Exchange for Magicka and Health regen when needed and Force Shock in the Desto Staff tree because it provides so many benefits that are useful for Sorcerer tanking within the ability on top of it being a ranged ability.
I will prob be going Ebonheart, strangely enough I preferred the starting zone though most people complained it wasn't as good as the dominion zone. Although in fairness, I have no friends (sadface) that are looking to play this game really so it doesn't matter too much if I change my mind.

I might have to look in to that skill, I ignored it previously as I didnt really want to get stuck with a desto staff. Now I realise I can have active abilities without I may reconsider. It does look immensely useful, looks like the morph of it can even CC up to 2 additional targets potentially.

I dont mind having a resto staff as a swap out. I will be doing some backup healing potentially.

Any idea how unholy knowledge might affect Dark Exchange?

p.s. Templar build looks interesting

Last edited by ablueman : 02/17/14 at 12:55 PM.