View Single Post
12/24/16, 01:28 PM   #1
Aetheron

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Targeting information functions

I'm currently adding two new modes to Combat Reticle to allow you to customize your reticle when targeting hostile and friendly targets while in combat. (Currently there is only one reticle for combat.) The idea is that this would allow you to better aim at enemies for damage, or friendlies for healing, or just to filter-out friendlies in zerg-mode. I have this in beta testing now, but my question concerns target information functions.

For friendlies I'm using the DoesUnitExist("reticleoverplayer") function and it seems to be very generous about when the reticle is over a player - as in you just need to be close. On the other hand, for enemies I'm using IsUnitAttackable( "reticleover" ) and it requires the reticle to be much closer to the target. So, how close do you need to be with your aiming for damage and heals to hit their mark? And does anyone have opinions as to whether these are the appropriate functions to be using? (I use both of these functions in other places for interactive and hostile tests while not in combat.)

Thanks,
-A