View Single Post
07/22/17, 03:57 AM   #53
jpdouble69
I have considered rephrasing and have done so. I rewrote my inital post and changed the title (that was not carried over in the forums overview).

What i try to achieve is making authors sensible and inform their users. Show them ways so they can turn it off but inform them in the first place and don't just run these unlinked function hidden on the clients permanently.
There are authors that argue hidden/un-documented functions are a no-go. For others it is not a problem, others might not have thought about it before.

Some authors argue it is too much work to inform or change something that initially was launched hidden.

Other authors say they will not include such things unknown from their users. And even a workaround/compromise has been introduced by two addons disabling hidden functions.
I like it though it does not change the issue for many users. They still don't know so why should they install them?

But it is a starting point and it is good feeling to see that there are people who care. I want to inform as many authors and users and make them sensible. And i would love to see some progress and improvements in the future.