View Single Post
08/04/20, 02:33 AM   #6
iaai0110
Since you brought up the DPS thing, I will respond to your comments:
First, I have the dummies and I've checked my DPS. It is the same as the numbers that you see on the screen and the same that goes into the logs that the Addon uses. The noob problem I had before was with Flurry saying that the hit was immediate and that the hits occur over .6 seconds and I used this information to calculate what my DPS would be if my next hit was immediate at the end of the .6 seconds but the second hit is not immediate and does not occur at the .6 second mark. Also, it calls Flurry and chain where it appears to be different to me than any other chain in the game where the key is held until the chain is finished. This does not appear to occur with Flurry.
The second problem is that now that I have more experience and with hundreds of dungeons played as a "Tank" is that most of the time I can hit non stop and I watch others in my team die or them being chased by adds where their sequencing of the front and back bars to build there DPS is broken and they must start again and sometimes their sequencing is off for many, many seconds.
The third problem is regarding the mobs where the "so-called" high DPSers from range kill the entire mob getting all the points for DPS before any of the others on the team get a chance to hit at all.
Regarding down time (between mobs, death or running away), it seems to me that the Addons don't appear to take this time into account at all. The dummy times out when there is no action and gives a DPS calculation. Maybe these addons also do the same and then create a new DPS calculation when the action starts up again adding this calc to the previous one ignore the down time: I do not know. I had a discussion with a veteran player who uses these addons extensively and is a computer scientist as I am but not with the amount of experience. And after I explained my thoughts, he agreed with me.
There are a lot of tools in the game that if used intelligently can give you good information that can be used to better your play, e.g. Master Trader gives you a range of actual trade values, which, if you understand what is going on, you will know that values increase and decrease drastically when there is a ZOS event or something else going on that dramatically increases the number of players (demand) playing the game or more advanced players who are getting drops or creating items of greater value (supply) -- yeah, I studied economics too. lol
It's just too bad that here as elsewhere, people attack the person who is seeking an answer legitimately because of disability and culture.
Regards,
i'M DONE HERE!
Also, I can not get on the official forums as it always says that I need an invite.