View Single Post
05/02/22, 06:23 PM   #1
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reason for instant crashes on PTS?

I have updated Srendarr to manually set the draw tier (self:SetDrawLayer(DL_CONTROLS)) on all mouse-enabled controls, verified no top level controls are set to any parent but GuiRoot, changed the combat power types to use the new global references, and still I am seeing very odd behavior.

Two main problems are occuring. First, sub menus in LibAddonMenu are unclickable, and simple toggle the submenu closed when trying to interact with them. Not sure if this is a LibAddonMenu bug or known issue.

EDIT: Needed custom subroutine to account for my custom LAM controls since I use a special method to display sub-menu controls on custom panel tabs which normally doesn't work. Each sub-widget need its draw level modified manually when the custom submenu control was opened.

The main problem however, is the second Srendarr is unlocked the entire PTS client completely exits to desktop, no error, no submit crash log prompt, just poof.

I will continue to experiment but thought maybe someone might have an idea what could have changed to cause such a radical behavior.

EDIT: Worked around the second issue by disabling the animated label on drag controls, but the reason for the crash remains elusive (see below).

Last edited by Phinix : 05/03/22 at 11:40 AM.