View Single Post
05/02/22, 11:55 PM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You would have to sift through some posts to get say the last 5 or so but the devs usually post a APIPatchNotesP34.txt that explains changes like you are mentioning. So to help with that I attached a zip of some of the docs I have.

However, they don't say anything explicit like, "If you are currently using GetSomeBuffId() your game will crash if you use it, just a heads up!" so at no point in the future will you ever know what will crash the PTS or live client if the API changed. I doubt they intend that though. There was something on another PTS that had to do with fonts that crashed the PTS and that was addressed before it went live.

I know the crash is frustrating but who knows what changes have occurred that you were unaware of not reading the APIPatchNotes religiously each update. Even I don't but I did this time around and discovered there is a new quest API even if it's not all that exciting and I can sorta get it a different way.

There is a chance the crash is unintended but if you take the time to figure it out and report that then it won't accidentally make it to the live client. Otherwise who knows.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESOUI Docs.zip (2.61 MB, 117 views)